1. In these terms and conditions the following words shall (except where the context otherwise admits) bear the following:
means Éasca Limited and/or any other persons firms or companies operating duly authorised Franchises of the business of Éasca Limited.
means any Members of Éasca or any person or persons intending to or who have applied for membership of Éasca upon the terms and conditions contained herein.
means any of the activities and Events organised by Éasca for Members.
2. The activities and commercial objects of Éasca are as stated in the Éasca Membership application pack and as appear in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of Éasca Limited.
3. (1) All applications for membership of Éasca shall be made in writing using an Éasca Application Form and signed by the proposed Member. Times for assessing membership applications can vary. Éasca is in no way obliged to assess an application form and such assessment is at the discretion of Éasca. On acceptance of an Application, each new Member will be issued by Éasca with a Membership Number, an electronic copy of the Éasca membership logo and information on membership. Members shall be bound during the continuance of Membership by these Terms and Conditions and by any other Bye-laws or Regulations for the time being published by Éasca.
(2) Éasca reserves the right at all times and in its absolute discretion to determine the number of members in the association.
(3) Éasca may withdraw the right to use the Éasca membership logo by members at any time. Éasca is in no way liable for losses incurred by applicants as a result of the withdrawal of the right to use the Éasca membership logo. Use of the logo is only for the member company named on the application form. If a members wishes to use the logo under a different name, then permission must be sought from Éasca in writing first.
(4) Companies who fail in their application for membership may apply again. Éasca is in no way liable for any costs incurred by companies in applying for membership.
4. Éasca reserves the right at all times to expel Members or to prevent for any reason any Member from participating in any Event or from continuing Membership.
5. Members shall conduct themselves when participating in all Events in a sensible, safe and social manner towards all other members and towards the General Public and towards all those persons firms or companies providing Members with instruction or guidance in connection with the participation by Members in Events. Any complaints made to Éasca in respect of the behaviour of Members will be dealt with pursuant to the terms of paragraph 4 hereof.
6. Notwithstanding that Éasca will at all times use its best endeavours to eliminate or minimise the risk involved in participating in the events. Members shall take and bear all risks involved in participating in the events.
7. Members shall not hold Éasca responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for the cancellation for whatever reason of an Event.
8. Members subscriptions will be as specified in the Éasca Application Form. Subscriptions are by way of Direct Debit solely and the amounts to be debited are variable and may be debited on various dates. Subscription rates are reviewed annually. If any changes in minimum subscription rates are proposed, Éasca will notify you in writing at least one month in advance of your account being debited. Where any member fails to pay the full membership subscription such membership may be cancelled as aforesaid.
9. Former members who have been expelled, members who are under suspension, companies whose application for membership has been rejected or membership has expired shall not be admitted to activities as Éasca members. Éasca reserves the right of admission.
10. A member may resign their membership at any time by letter or by email delivered to the Éasca Coordinator at the Éasca address.
11. Éasca shall have power:
(l) To alter these Terms and Conditions and the contents of the Éasca application form without prior notice to existing Members.
(2) To make Bye-laws or minor Regulations for regulating the conduct and affairs of Member, All such Bye-laws and/or minor Regulations will be published by Éasca in Éasca publications and the terms thereof shall be final and binding upon all Members. Éasca shall be the sole authority for interpreting the rules and for settling all disputes relating to the affairs of Éasca.
12. Privacy Statement:
(1) A register of members shall be kept containing the names and addresses of all the members. Information contained in the register will be used for the purpose of communicating with the members and advising them of activity and event details concerning Éasca only.
(2) Éasca will make available to the public on request, the information relating to assessment for membership, provided by all applicant companies in their application for membership.
13. Any member whose membership has been terminated pursuant to the provisions of these rules shall forfeit all the privileges of membership without claim for any refund of subscription or any damages for loss or compensation.
14. (1) Éasca is in no way responsible for any activities conducted among a group or groups of members of their own discretion nor is it in anyway responsible for any offers, discounts or otherwise made between members. Éasca is in no way liable for the conduct or actions of its members and offers no guarantees on the quality of work carried out by Éasca members.
(2) Éasca will only recommend member companies as having satisfied the Éasca assessment board of their commitment to the ÉASCA charter only. This in no way means that Éasca endorses the conduct, quality or workmanship of member companies’ work.
(3) Pursuant to clause 14 (2) above, Éasca will only recommend member companies where their work or activities are deemed by Éasca, and Éasca alone, to be fit for purpose.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland, and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts to settle any disputes in connection with or arising out of membership of Éasca.
16. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed to be deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.